This smoothie is a meal in a glass and lets the body instantly refuel and refresh!
Great for working out, this energizing drink is packed with amino acids, carbohydrates, essential fats, vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
Ingredients – for juicing
- 1 beet
contains high levels of nitrate to allow more blood flow and have a low glycaemic index to keep blood sugar levels stable
- 2 stalks of celery
with high water content, it’s great for dieters
- 1 cucumber
extremely high in water content, and contain a large amount of potassium, which is excellent for maintaining healthy, youthful skin and are a good source of folate and Vitamin C and K while being cleansing.
- 1 Golden Delicious apple
adds a natural energy burst of sweetness!
Ingredients – for blending
- 1 banana
rich in potassium, and will also make a sweet creaminess!
- 1 cup coconut water
isotonic and replaces the fluids and minerals lost through exercise. Naturally loaded with Vitamin B and C, calcium, magnesium and other essential minerals, it gives skin a healthy glow!
- 1 tablespoon of Whey Protein
or, if you are dairy intolerant, Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 tablespoon of Chia seeds
a gelantious fiber food, rich in essential Omega 3 oils, making the smoothie a complete meal
- Stevia, a packet or a couple drops
a calorie-free trick
- First, prepare the Chia seeds by soaking in water to release the gel.
- Juice the beet, celery, cucumber, and apple.
- Pour this live-enzyme juice into the blender and add the banana, coconut water, protein powder, and ice. Blend.
- Add the prepared Chia seeds and select ‘Smoothie’.
Banana really brings it all together. And for the extra enzyme boost, get into the habit of chewing the thick creamy liquid – that stimulates the digestive enzymes!
This nutrient-packed, enzyme-rich juice will offer full mind-and-body fuel for even the most hardcore plyometric workout!