If your only experience with calamari are those little fried rings, you’re missing out on a hearty seafood.
- 1 pound raw squid, cleaned, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, if desired
- parsley and/or cilantro
- In a metal bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add squid bodies, tossing to coat.
- Thread the squid pieces onto the skewers.
- Cook over a high grill heat, turning once, about 1-2 minutes per side, just until the squid is opaque.
- Sprinkle with parsley and/or cilantro and a few more squirts of lemon juice.