- 2 whole sweetbreads
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quatr water
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 1 pint flour
- In a pot, combine the water, onion, thyme, juice of the lemon, and bay leaf. Simmer that for five minutes, and then poach the sweetbreads until medium rare. Pull the sweetbreads out of the water and let it cool in the fridge for about thirty minutes.
- Separate the sweetbreads into chunks, following their natural protein breaks, being careful to remove any sinew. Soak the chunks in buttermilk for an hour, remove and season with salt and pepper, toss in the flour and fry in a deep fryer till golden brown.
- 2 large leeks, rinsed thoroughly and greens removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- Slice the leeks into half moons and place in a pot that is on medium heat with the butter already melted. Add a pinch of salt and cook until the leeks start to become translucent, being careful not to brown them. Add in the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Once cooled to a safe temperature, place in a blender and carefully blend until completely smooth. Season with salt and serve.
- 1/4 cup gren onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 cup parsley
- 8 each garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup roasted jalapeño flesh
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Purée all ingredients together in blender.