Yields one 8-inch tart
- 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 ripe black plums, pitted and cut into 1/8ths
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- parchment paper
- Preheat the Breville Smart Oven® to 400°F convection.
- Trim a sheet of parchment paper to fit slightly inside the edges of the Smart Oven round pan. With a sharp paring knife, using a plate for a guide, trim the puff pastry sheet to a circle eight inches in diameter. Place in the center of the parchment-lined pan.
- Dock the dough, piercing it with the tines of a fork. Reserve the dough scraps for another use. Leave a 1/4-inch perimeter of the dough circle undocked so that it can rise.
- In a medium bowl, add the plum slices, sugar, lemon zest, and one teaspoon of the five-spice powder. Gently toss until coated. Place the plums in an even layer on the top of the dough, taking care that the plums don’t overlap the undocked perimeter.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg with one tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, egg wash the perimeter of the tart.
- Bake for 16 minutes. The tart edge will be golden browned and puffed, and the plums will be softened. Remove from the oven.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar with the remaining five-spice powder and dust the tart with the mixture. Cut into wedges and enjoy warm or at room temperature.