- 2 cups bacon fat
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 3 1/2 cups chicken liver, puréed
- 5 each small onions, diced
- 4 stalks small celery, diced
- 3 each small green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 pounds pulled smoked pork butt or shoulder
- 5 each bay leaves
- 5 quarts cooked white rice
- 2 cup green onion, chopped
- salt, black pepper, creole seasoning to taste
- Sear the ground beef in the bacon fat, season.
- Add the onions, sweat. Add the celery, bell pepper and garlic, sweat.
- Add the bay leaves. Add the pulled pork.
- Turn down the heat and add the liver purée, stirring constantly so as not to burn the liver. Season.
- Add the rice. Season.
- Pull off the heat and add in the green onions.