Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- shaved chocolate for garnish
- 4 mint sprigs for garnish
- In a heat-proof bowl over a pot of barely simmering water, gently heat the chips until just melted, stirring with a rubber spatula. Remove from the heat and allow to stand a few minutes to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a Breville Scraper Mix Pro, use the whisk attachment to beat the cream on high speed just until soft peaks form.
- Change to the leaf beater (the paddle attachment with acrylic scraper side). Pour the melted chocolate into cream and fold on very low speed until mixture is uniformly chocolate. The machine will scrape down the sides. Immediately transfer the mousse into 4 martini glasses. The mousse will hold several hours in the refrigerator, but do this only after transferring the mixture into the cups for the best presentation.
- Just before serving, garnish with shaved chocolate and mint sprigs.