Learn more about the Smart Fryer.
- 1.75lb fresh cleaned large squid tubes
- 1 cup plain ﬂour
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (made from 14 thick white sliced bread)
- Fill deep fryer with 4 quarts of oil. Set deep fryer to CALAMARI/FRESH setting.
- Slice tubes into 3/8 inch thick rings and set aside.
- Combine ﬂour and salt and place into a shallow dish. Toss 5 or 6 squid rings into ﬂour and shake off excess.
- Whisk beaten eggs and milk together and dip squid into egg mixture.
- Combine crumbs in a shallow tray and toss squid into breadcrumb mixture. Set aside and repeat with remaining squid rings.
- Arrange a small batch (approx ½lb) crumb squid rings into wire basket and LOWER BASKET. Press timer and cook 2 minutes.
- Shake basket halfway through cooking.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining squid rings, making sure to reheat oil between batches.