- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat Smart Oven to convection bake at 350F.
- In the bowl of the Scraper Mixer Pro, place flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. On very low speed, combine ingredients, being sure to use paddle with acrylic spatula edges.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, zest, juice and buttermilk. Pour into mixer and slowly bring together.
- Add butter to flour mixture and slowly mix until butter is incorporated.
- Once the mixture is combined, pour in the dried cranberries and continue to mix slowly until cranberries are evenly distributed.
- Turn off mixer. Turn mixture onto floured surface. Make large round mound. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment. With sharp knife, cut a large cross (or x) into bread. Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Enjoy! It’s great toasted with tea. Have jam, butter and clotted cream available.