- 4 eggs separated
- 3/4 cup baker’s sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 2 ounces melted chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place egg whites into a small, clean, dry bowl. Using the whisk attachments on the Handy Mix Digital™ beat on speed 13 until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the sugar and beat until thick and glossy. Add in the egg yolks and beat well. Fold in the flour and alternate with adding in the chocolate and water.
- Divide the mixture and pour evenly into two greased and lightly flour-dusted 8 inch cake pans. Bake the cakes for 12 minutes or until the sponge springs back when touched.
- Cover a wire rack with baking paper and turn out the cakes onto them, allow them to cool completely.
- Place cream, cocoa and honey into a small bowl and use the whisk attachment on speed 3 to whip until soft peaks form. Frost the sponge with the whipped cream or use the whipped cream between the two layers and decorate as desired.