This salsa verde features the unique herbs we’re growing at Riverpark Farm—especially red amaranth, which adds flecks of purple and red to the salsa. Don’t worry if some of these herbs aren’t available to you, what’s important is using herbs that are fresh and flavorful.
- 12 prawns, peeled and cleaned
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil, plus more for the prawns
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled
- ½ cup oregano
- 2 cups red amaranth
- 1 cup basil
- ½ cup mint
- 1/8 cup rosemary
- 6 papalo leaves
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 ½ lemons
- Toasted bread, to serve
- Season the prawns with salt and olive oil. Set the Breville Smart Oven to Roast at 450˚F.
- In a food processor, process the garlic first with the olive oil, then add the herbs. Process until the salsa comes together, but the herbs are still roughly chopped, adding more olive oil to finish, as needed. Add the lemon zest and juice, stir, then set aside.
- Season the prawns with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Roast the prawns for 3-5 minutes, or until they become firm and have developed color.
- To serve, arrange the prawns on a platter and spoon over the salsa verde. Serve with toast to enjoy the leftover sauce.