Chef Sam Jackson supplies this recipe as the dough for his Australian-style Meat Pie, Chicken Pie, and Vegetable Pie recipes.
- 1 pound 9 ounces all purpose flour
- 13 ounces unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 large egg yolks (@ 2.7 ounces)
- ~1/3 cup cold water (as needed)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine butter, flour, and salt in Breville Sous Chef® food processor. Turn on and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Add egg yolks and mix until grainy — the texture should be like breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add cold water until dough comes together and pulls away from bowl.
- Remove dough from bowl; knead gently on countertop using a little extra flour.
- Roll into a log 2″ thick; wrap in cling wrap and set aside in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to approximately 1/8″ thickness and then cut into rounds, using a large dough cutter.
Use this shortcrust for any pies in a Personal Pie maker.