Chef Sam Jackson of KO Pies woks up a down and under chicken, leek and mushroom filling for a savory style Australian meat pie. (See his shortcrust pie dough.)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, fine diced
- 3 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the Hot Wok™ with lid on for about five minutes, then heat oil over high heat in the wok.
- Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add diced chicken breast, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and leeks, stir and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce to almost evaporated.
- Add heavy cream and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and simmer until sauce thickens, approx 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from wok, season with salt and pepper and allow to cool completely.
- As the filling cools, place pre-cut shortcrust pastry bottoms in the Personal Pie™ maker.
- Once cool, spoon 2 ounces (approximately 1-1/2 tablespoons) of filling into each bottom crust. Place pre-cut puff pastry on top of each.
- Close and cook for approximately 8 minutes.