Chef Sam Jackson creates an Australian Meat Pie Recipe
Chef Sam Jackson of KO Pies woks up a down and under meat pie filling. (See his shortcrust pie dough.)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a Breville Hot Wok™ over medium-high heat with lid on. Once hot, add onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add ground beef. Cook for 4 minutes, or until browned, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Mix cornflour and 1 tablespoon of stock to form a paste; add to wok and stir. Add remaining stock and sauces to beef mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 8 minutes or until thick. Season to taste and allow to cool.
- As the filling cools, place pre-cut shortcrust pastry bottoms in the Personal Pie™ maker.
- Once cool, spoon 2 ounces (approximately 1-1/2 tablespoons) of filling into each bottom crust. Place pre-cut puff pastry on top of each.
- Close and cook for approximately 8 minutes.