- 1/4 cup espresso, cooled
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons powdered dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 large can (14 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 large can (14 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan, combine the coffee, vinegar, butter, molasses, mustard, garlic, salt, liquid smoke, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Bring this to a slow boil and gently simmer the sauce for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add in the brandy.
- Place the beans in a casserole dish and top with the sauce. Stir to combine completely then top with the sliced onions. Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 1 hour.