- 4 cups high-gluten bread flour
- pinch of coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Place flour in a large bowl with salt; whisk to combine. Make a well in the center and pour 1 1/4 cups water into well. Using your hands, incorporate flour into water and mix until a rough dough forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a clean work surface. Knead dough by working into a log shape, about an arm’s length. Bring ends together and roll back into a log shape. Repeat process until dough is smooth.
- Cut dough into 7 equal-sized pieces (about 6 ounces each). Using your fingers, coat dough with oil; cover with plastic wrap and let stand 30 minutes.
- Halve each piece of dough lengthwise. Working with one piece of dough at a time, place dough cut-side up on work surface. Using your fingers, coat with oil and press down to flatten; let stand 5 minutes.
- Using your thumbs and forefingers, pull noodles until they are shoulder length. Slap noodles down on work surface two times to stretch even further. Tear noodles lengthwise at the center seam almost, but not entirely, in half to create one very long noodle. Immediately transfer to boiling water and repeat process with remaining pieces of dough.
- Cook noodles until they float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes.
Ginger Scallion Sauce
- 1 cup ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups scallions, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons soybean oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, heat on high flame. When very hot, add soybean oil. Add scallions, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add ginger and continue to stir-fry.
- 1 teaspoon soybean oil
- shrimp (2-3 per serving or your preference)
- scallops (2-3 per serving or your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger scallion sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white soy sauce
- pickled onions (if you have them!)
- Get a pan very hot. Add soy bean oil. Sear shrimp, and scallops for 1 minute. Season with ginger scallion sauce and white soy sauce. Add noodles that have been blanched for 1 minute to the pan and toss to coat evenly. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro, and pickled onions, and more ginger scallion sauce if desired.